You can keep up to date with the latest news by visiting our 'New Buildings' News section.
The building work is scheduled to begin in April 2011 and is designed to take place with very minimal disruption to learning. The 40 million pound scheme has been developed by the architects AHMM working in close partnership with Bovis Lend Lease, Wandsworth Borough Council and ourselves. 85% of the school will be rebuilt, with a refresh of the main hall and the gym block.
It is a dazzling, exciting scheme worthy of the students, staff and members of the community who will use the facilities. The new buildings will provide an exciting learning environment fully equipped to enable us to continue to deliver an excellent education to our students and the wider community.
We now have a series of visualisation of our new school buildings which we would like to share with you. These images can be viewed in our gallery.
The building work will be completed in three phases, details of which can be found below:
New Entrance Building
New Teaching Block
Safety and Security
- The contractors on site comply with stringent, health & safety requirements
- All contractors and employers will be vetted
- Daily updates and meeting between school and senior staff
- The contractors are subject to unannounced, extensive inspection to check all health & safety requirements are adhered to
21 May 08:35
Year 7 and Year 8 Sports Day
Summer Half Term
27 May 07:35 - 31 May 14:10
Parents’ Communication Group Meeting
11 Jun 17:30 - 11 Jun 18:30
- Year 11 GCSE Examination Letter to Parents
- NFER & Burntwood School Phase 2: Student Online Survey
- NFER & Burntwood School: Parent Online Survey