Summary of The Minutes - Tuesday 26th June 2012
BURNTWOOD PARENTS’ COMMUNICATION GROUP
These are the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 26th June 2012
Chair: Hazel Warburn Head of Sixth Form and Assistant Principal
Minutes: Sarah Brack
Introduction and Welcome – Hazel Warburn
1. Uniform – Michael Graham Assistant Principal
Michael Graham gave a presentation on the proposals for the new uniform. This will reflect the school’s ethos and will be affordable and practical but also easy for staff to monitor and enforce. Parents asked if the uniform shop opening hours could be extended and about the possibility of making online purchases.
2. The new Burntwood Connect site and communications systems - Samantha Hind Assistant Principal and David Boulten from Civica
The technology company Civica will manage Buntwood’s new and improved communication systems. Burntwood Connect, part of this development, is an e-portal that will provide students and parents with greater online access to information about students’ daily school life.
3. Good News - Hazel Warburn
Hazel Warburn reported on a variety of good news items as follows:
- The announcement by the SSAT that Burntwood is one of the top 10% of non-selective schools in England where at least 19% of students gained 5 A* - A grades at GCSE in 2011.
- A record number of Year 13 students have offers to study medicine at university and Burntwood’s head student has an Oxbridge offer.
- Year 13 Art students have offers for top Art colleges including St Martin’s.
- Burntwood has achieved Artsmark Gold for the fourth time.
- Burntwood’s World Sport Day event was a great success and received national and international press coverage.
- Year 8 artists have had their work selected to be displayed in the Olympic Village.
Further information on all of these items can be found on Burntwood’s website, http://www.burntwoodschool.com .
Parents asked about the Pupil Premium. This will be discussed in more detail at the next meeting.
The next meeting of the Parents’ Communication Group will be in the Autumn Term date tbc.
21 May 08:35
Year 7 and Year 8 Sports Day
Summer Half Term
27 May 07:35 - 31 May 14:10
Parents’ Communication Group Meeting
11 Jun 17:30 - 11 Jun 18:30
- Year 11 GCSE Examination Letter to Parents
- NFER & Burntwood School Phase 2: Student Online Survey
- NFER & Burntwood School: Parent Online Survey