School Direct Tuition Fee Route
Burntwood School works in partnership with the Wandle Teaching School Alliance to offer the School Direct Tuition Fee Route, in conjunction with the awarding HEI. This route is similar to the one year Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE), however it is school led rather than University led.
As part of this one year programme you will:
- Carry out two school placements in contrasting settings, supported by an experienced mentor
- Attend weekly training sessions in your placement schools with other PGCE students
- Attend half termly workshops with other School Direct trainees across the Wandle Teaching School Alliance
- Benefit from the expertise of staff at our partner universities.
Those on the Tuition Fee Route are expected to fund their training costs through the help of a student loan/bursary.
After successful completion you will have a Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) including Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
How to apply for School Direct PGCE courses
How to apply through UCAS for School Direct PGCE courses with Wandle Teaching School Alliance, 2017 entry. Please note application for 2017 entry will start from 18th October, as stated on the UCAS website.
- Go to: www.ucas.com/apply
- Select Teacher Training.
- You will be given a personal ID number after registration completed.
- Click on the blue tag ‘Add a choice’
- Training Provider Code. – Click on search and enter Wandle. The name and address of the provider will come up. Click on Wandle Teaching School Alliance, Chesterton Primary School and the provider code 13V will automatically will appear in the box.
- Click on Training programme. This will bring up an alphabetical list. Click on the letter your subject begins with to see courses offered. This will now enter your training programme code automatically into the box.
- Click on Training Location / Campus Code - See list and this will bring up the location which will be either Chestnut Grove or Chesterton. Please click appropriate location. You will also see a pop up reminding you to sign up for the skills tests asap.
- Enter name of main subject or subjects in subject box.
- Declare criminal convictions if you have any, if not ignore.
- Save your application as you go.
How to get to Southfields Teaching School Alliance