Travelling To and From School
Dropping off and picking up by car
Can parents please be considerate when they deliver and collect their daughter and not park on the cycle lanes, near the bus stops and zig-zag lines. Parking here can cause potentially dangerous incidents.
Parents are reminded that parking on the zig-zag lines is illegal and parking enforcement applies.
Please see the Highway Code for more details - Highway Code: Waiting and Parking (238-252)
Walking and cycling to school
Walking is an easy and cost free way to travel to school. Walking to school allows a child to:
- Learn vital road safety and awareness skills
- Gain health benefits: Pupils who have walked arrive mentally more alert and ready to learn
- Interact socially with friends and parents
- Learn by observing things that are missed from the back seat of a car
- At the school gate, safety is improved and congestion is reduced as fewer pupils arrive by car
Cycle training courses - Cycle training courses
Walkit.com to help plan walking journeys to school
TFL Journey Planner for all public transport routes
Bus Routes 689 and 690
TfL has made changes to the school bus routes 689 and 690. Please find attached detailed information and a timetable.